An Inquiry Project by Emily Wynans

Practice, Practice, Practice…

While this project will have many different phases to it by the end, so far the bulk of my work has been practicing (and this will likely continue to be the bulk of my work for the foreseeable future).

I have crocheted before, but very minimally and not for months. While I remember some of the basic skills, it can be difficult to remember some of the basic crochet patterns after being out of practice for so long.

My first order of business was finding resources to help me recall those basic skills. I began by resorting back to the youtube video that introduced me to crocheting to begin with, called “How to Crochet a Scarf for the Complete Beginner” by B.Hooked Crochet:

How to Crochet a Scarf for the Complete Beginner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXQvufVGCoQ

While it is not my goal to be able to crochet a scarf, this video contains easy, straightforward instructions to a few of the most basic crochet techniques, and so that is where I’ve decided to start.

I hope that with some more practice I’ll soon be able to feel more confident in my crocheting skills again, but until that day you can find me curled up on my couch with a cup of hot chocolate resting nearby and a questionable looking crochet design in my hand!

« »