An Inquiry Project by Emily Wynans

Learning Plan

My learning goal for this project is to learn how to crochet stuffed animals, such as the one pictured below:

https://www.pexels.com/photo/crocheted-toy-on-couch-at-home-4792076/

I plan on learning how to do so by first learning how to crochet, and then applying those skills to create a stuffed animal out of my crocheting by following a template.

I will know that I’ve succeeded in this project when I am able to hold a completed crocheted animal in my hand, and feel pleased enough with the final product to gift it to a loved one.

My plan to achieve this goal is as follows:

Schedule

Week 1 (Sep 18th – Sep 24th): Gather all crocheting supplies needed, including a crochet hook and yarn for practicing.

Weeks 2 & 3 (Sep 25th – Oct 8th): Practice basic crochet skills until comfortable executing them.

Week 4 (Oct 9th – Oct 15th): Research templates that exist for creating crochet animals and choose one for the project. Once decided, purchase the yarn and crochet hook that are appropriate for the design.

Weeks 5 & 6 (Oct 16th – Oct 29nd): Begin practicing particular crochet techniques for the design chosen until confident in them.

Weeks 7 to 10 (Oct 30th – Nov 26th): Crochet the stuffed animal until complete.

»